Saturday, February 10, 2018

Hey Pippy / Using Older Supplies

Happy Saturday, friends!  I'm back today to share another layout I created just for fun using some older supplies.  Yay for digging into older stash...woo hoo!  I have started my Using Older Supplies videos again on my YouTube channel.  I used some October Afternoon papers for this.  These papers are from 2013, and it felt so great to use them!

I first covered some white cardstock with clear gesso.  I then just tore the blue bokeh paper and added a little rip in the middle.  This looks neat because of how it curls up.  You can see the yellow pattern on the back.  The second paper I used had lots of pretty feathers on it, and I fussy cut a lot of them out.  I wanted it to look like all the feathers were falling out of the tear with my photos scattered all around it.  I used some Shimmerz Paints on the background--Creameez Great Fruit, Inklingz Bahama Mama and Aqua Huez Little Lily.  I also added in some Blingz Gold Glimmer and some splatters of Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine.

I took two different photos of the finished layout in different lighting because of all the gold.  It shines in the light and looks darker in another light, so here you can see both effects.




I used four cute photos of Paige, which I converted to black and white.  They were taken at night with my phone, so they were a bit grainy.  But I don't let that stop me from using them because they're adorable :)  I scattered them around the page and positioned all the feathers.  I machine stitched with gold thread through some of them for added shine and texture.  All the gold stickers I added are from a MAMBI book I got at Michael's a few years ago.


I did add a bit of Shimmerz Well Blue Me Down to the blue bokeh paper to add some shading right about this big rip.  I also tucked a few feathers under there along with some aqua thread.


I used this "Smile" sticker here, but I first stuck it to some vellum and cut it out.  I didn't want to stick it directly to the background, so this way I could move it around and tuck it in the photos here like a separate embellishment.


I used more of the MAMBI stickers to create a small title...Hey Pippy.  That's just one of the nicknames we have for this silly girl :)  I also added in a few epoxy circle stickers from the Amy Tangerine Rise & Shine collection from a few years ago.


To raise the photos up of the page, I add some adhesive foam under them.  I get that at Walmart in the craft section...or it might be in the kids art section.


Here are a few more close-ups because I just kept taking them...haha.  I did try to add a white clear sticker under the title, but you can't really see it.  I was going for tone-on-tone with the white, but since the sticker is flat you really can't tell.  Oh well.



I hope this gives you some ideas to try with some of your older papers and embellishments.  Don't be afraid to cut things out and use them in a different way.  There are no rules, so do whatever you like!  Here's a process video showing you how I made this from start to finish.



Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you again soon!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me to use up the supplies I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy, you are Always a great inspiration...I watch your videos and I love your projects because they are Sunshine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another home run!! FYI I am now hoarding chip board so I can paint over it!! Keep those crazy ideas coming!!

    ReplyDelete